Thursday, November 10, 2005

Renard's Cheddar Soup

Last year my son went out for lunch and he brought home
a ham and potato soup from Simply Soup. He said it was
very good so I made them alot for him my own recipes.
Today I found a recipe from Wisconsin Woman that I made
Renard's Cheddar Soup and it was delicious. Hope you enjoy
my soup recipe.
I hope you don't mind my recipes on my blog but I promise to
put jewelry pictures tonite or tomorrow.

















Rendard's Cheddar Soup
Makes 4 servings

Cheese is a family affair for the Rendards, operators
of Renard's cheese factory in Algoma.

2 tbsps butter
1/2 cup minced onion
2 tbsps flour
1 cups milk and 1/2 cup light cream
1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups grated yellow cheddar
salt and pepper
2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley

Heat butter in pot. Add onion, cook over medium-low heat
until onions are tender. Stir in flour and cook gently two
minutes. Whisk in milk, mashed potatoes and chicken broth
until smooth. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, let
stand 5 minutes, then whisk in grated cheese a little at a time.
Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in parsley.
Reheat gently.

No comments: